Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let the Gutsy Cooks begin!

I love food.  It's no secret.  I like to think about it, plot things to do with it, make a list to buy it, purchase it, smell it, cook it, then eat it.  See.  I like it.  So when my friend Steph at http://stretchliving.blogspot.com/ said she was participating in a cooking club that would work their way though a cook book.  I was totally hooked! So she hooked up up with Monica from http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/ and I was in.  SA-WEET!  We will work our way though The Illustrated Kitchen Bible


As soon as I saw this book I was in LOVE (Don't tell my husband)  It's got great pictures and recipes.  The pictures actually look like food you would eat.  I mean, I'm all for presentation, but sometimes it's just over the top and it doesn't look like food.  But I thought this book was well done.  Even my kids stole it for awhile just to ooooh and ahhh over the pictures.
As I was preparing to make our first meal, Joy asked me "Why is it called bible?"  Before I could even answer, she was coming up with her own reasons "Is it because the food is so good it's holy?  Because the bible is a good book and this is a good book?"   I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!  Join us on our adventure!  You can follow all the Gutsy Cooks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment