Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hangin out

I love laundry on the line.  It brings me joy.  Strange?  Perhaps.  It's so colorful and it waves in the breeze like a rainbow sail.  The loud crack the clothes make as they whip in the wind is part of the song of a sunny day.  I love it.  And then... BONUS!  They smell SOOOO good when you bring them in.  Even days and weeks later I'll pull out a shirt I had hanging on the line and it still smells like 'outside' and I smile as I take a deep whiff.

Jim has made me a system of pulleys so I don't even have to leave the little porch off my laundry room to hang them up.    Now... if only I could find someone to put away the clean clothes.

4 comments:

  1. If I didn't have Jesus taking up all the space in my heart, it would be full of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell, too. I do not like the whole having to go outside and make sure I don't step in dog poop part, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need Jim to come and build you a system with pulleys so you don't have to take off your slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like fresh smelling laundry! I'm like Bek, my backyard is a minefield of poop!

    ReplyDelete