Friday, September 10, 2010

First day of school

Tuesday morning I felt like a failure.  It was our first day of school and I had been scheduled to work.  That was not my plan.  It was a long day too.  Wow!  Lots of rooms to be cleaned.  But at the end of the day, I got to pick some windfall apples from the small orchard at work.  On the way home I cooked up a plan.  So our first and second days of school have been about apples.  It's been a great way to ease into school and the kids have enjoyed it, and honestly so have I!  Spelling tests and math facts will come soon enough.
Our bounty
Treasure practicing her Home ec skills.
Joy drew apples and then Asked put dots on them to represent the number of seeds in each apple.
We made a graph to show us which was the most common number of seeds for our apples to have.
We're going to try to grow some apple trees.
Apple art

3 comments:

  1. How have I just now noticed that you have a blog!? Silly me. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that God provided these apples for you, so you were reminded that He is in control and will work it all out. It's a season.

    Apple season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, you are so wise. I'm even saying that not snarkily. You're right. It IS a season. That's like my mantra since we've been here.

    ReplyDelete