Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The blue box

I LOVE mac and cheese from a box.  Why is that?  In theory it is not good to me.  Powdered electric orange cheese and too much fakeness.  Blech.  But then... I mix it up.  And it's electric orange fakeness beckons me.  "Brenda.  Oh Brenda.  Come eat me."  And I do.  From the pot with the big spoon.  That's the best way I think. During more than one of my four pregnancies I could eat the entire box for lunch.  I'm not even picky about my box.  It doesn't have to be the blue box.  I'll take the store brand.  Now I'm hungry.

4 comments:

  1. Man, I haven't had the blue box in years! But I will agree, it's nostalgically GOOD! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now don't get me wrong. I love the homemade stuff too. I can make me up some GOOD mac and cheese. But there is just something about that box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily loves the blue box as well...I used too but now, that I'm more aware of what I eat, I usually feel very ill after eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had mac&"cheese" from the blue box until I was about 28 but when I did the angels sang and I realized that while homemade is good, this stuff was magic. We had powdered "cheese" sent overseas to us in 5 lb packages.

    ReplyDelete