Monday, December 20, 2010

Gutsy Cooks week 10

I don't know why it totally slipped my mind to blog about this.  Perhaps the busyness of life?  We celebrated Asked's seventh birthday and now we're gearing up for Christmas. 

It's been a little busy, I guess.  Anyway, Week 10's menu was Chicken a la King, Spinach Timbales and Kasha Pilaf.  I made several changes, as per my usual.  Well, except to the Spinach Timbales, I followed that one pretty closely.  It turned out super fancy.  I wouldn't make this for our regular family dinners, but if I was having a dinner party and was wearing high heels, pearls and a spotless apron, I may pull this one out again.  But, probably not.

For the Chicken a la king I used all the suggested vegetables except green peppers and instead of chicken, I used rabbit.  It turned out so super good!  Yummy!  I will definitely make this again.
Look at all the yummy vegetables!

The house smelled SO very very good while everything was cooking.

For the Kasha Pilaf, I used bulgar wheat instead.  It turned out well.  It went perfectly with the Rabbit.  So, yay!  Good menu.
Boy.  That is not a very appetizing photo.  Poor food, I did not do it justice.  Just know that it was delicious.

Over the next few weeks we'll be visiting with family for the holidays.  We'll see if I get to make any more gutsy meals before the new year.  I'll be taking my book with me... so we'll see!!  Perhaps a little Gutsy Cooking on the road???

2 comments:

  1. Brenda... Rabbit! I loe Rabbit.. had not had it in a lonnnngggg time, glad to know that it converts well with this meat as well.

    And of course you should take you book.. lots of good ones coming and the pork chop filled with apples, blue cheese and pecans.. YUMMMM! Don't miss that one.

    Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I am new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really love the tone of your blog and the food and recipes you feature here. I'll be back. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete