Thursday, December 2, 2010

For Susan

I have been neglecting my blogging responsibilities.  My friend Susan has brought this fact to my attention.  I told her I should quit caring for my family and just blog about them.

So, today I made foccacia bread.  My house smells like garlic and olive oil and it is very lovely.  I make the dough in my bread machine, coat my hands in olive oil and then press it into a 9X13in pan.  I warmed about 1/3 cup of olive oil in a pan and when it was hot I turned off the fire and added garlic, basil and chopped tomatoes. I smear that all over the dough, then sprinkled it with parm cheese.  It's still rising, but I would like to eat it now.
It's not baked yet, so the oil is kind of pooled on top.
Maybe I should have taken a picture after it was baked.  But, whatever.  If you don't like it, you don't have to have any.  More for me!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE making foccacia, but haven't in a long time. Guess what we're having with dinner tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very garlicky which means very delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan will be so proud. And I really need to look into this faccacia stuff. Never made it, but anything with garlic and tomatoes, yum!! Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete