Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gutsy cooks week 15

I fell off the Gutsy Cooks wagon at the end of last year, I must admit.  With work and planning for our holiday back in PA, I was just glad that my family ate dinner most nights.  But after a great two weeks at home with family and friends (and very little cooking on my part) I'm excited to get back in the cooking saddle again!  So, I'm starting with week 15, our menu is:  Pizza four seasons pg 99 (dough on pg 98), Ginger cream sauce with fresh fruit pg 447.

I decided not to make the ginger cream sauce it called for anise and I'm not a big fan. 


I make pizza dough from scratch quite often, and have a regular dough recipe I use, but I decided to use the one in the book just to see if it was any better.  Pizza four seasons is called that because the toppings are arranged separately to represent the four seasons. This recipe called for 1/4  mushroom, 1/4  roasted red peppers and anchovy, 1/4 pepperoni and capers, and the last 1/4  artichokes and olives. 

I didn't do all that, we had 1/4 mushroom, 1/4 roasted red peppers, 1/4 pepperoni, and 1/4 artichokes.  I also made a second pizza with cheese filled crust.
The four seasons in pizza!
Here it is again with it's cheesy crust sister in the background.
The pizza was well recieved, as usual.  Jim said he prefered my usual crust and the kids were upset with all the vegetables involved, but overall a good meal at our house.  But I must say that my favorite part is what happend the next night.
There were a ton of the vegetables left so the next night I made some alfredo sauce and then sautued the mushrooms and added the red peppers, marinated artichokes, and some left over roasted rabbit.  I served it all on top of fettichini with some garlic toast.
It was super duper yum-o-licious!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you were Gutsy all the way! That pasta dish looks great... Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make your stuffed crust???

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks super yummy. Someday I may have to be a gutsy cook.

    ReplyDelete