Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gutsy Cooks week 5

This weeks menu is Braised Oxtail with Wine and Herbs and Polenta.

Jim and I both agreed that we are willing to try a lot of things, but just didn't feel like a tail was one of them.  If someone else made it and we could taste it, we would totally do that.  And if we liked it, I would be all over this.  But... that is not the case, I'm sorry to say.  If you want to make this and invite us over.  Great!  I'll bring a cake.  So we're skipping week 5 and we'll see you for week 6, Spanish Vegetable Tortilla and Cod in Tomato Sauce.  Sounds yummy!

In an unrelated incident, Jim wanted a Snickers Bar and all we had were Milky Ways, so he improvised.
He's always got SOMETHING up his sleeve.

4 comments:

  1. Brenday, that is too bad you guys skipped it. You could have replaced it with short ribs and would have gotten the same effect, but without the metal picture of Oxtail. :)

    I like Jim improv as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I immediately though short ribs. Where's this recipe? I have some short ribs. Maybe I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe next time I have some ribs I'll try it. I don't know, Jim is also not a fan of things that are 'gravy-esque' He might get mad if I make ribs (one of his favorites) into gravy. Eh, we'll see. It's on page 351 of the cook book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Brenda- Oxtail is something I could never bring myself to try in all the years my grandmother made it. Not very gutsy, eh?

    Makeshift snickers=love.

    ReplyDelete